Postdoctoral Fellowship Offer 2018-2019
The VISAJ research Chair is offering a one-year (2018-2019) postdoctoral fellowship (possibility of renewal).
The Chair aims to mobilise and develop new knowledge on youths’ living conditions, health, adaptation and aspirations (conditions de VIe, la Santé, l’Adaptation et les Aspirations des Jeunes; VISAJ). The successful candidate will join a dynamic team which will help him/her to refine his/her research skills, using various methodological approach (longitudinal, mixed models, psychosocial measures, etc.) and statistical knowledge. The candidate will also improve his/her network, through VISAJ numerous collaborations either within practice or academic settings. He/she will have the opportunity to contribute on numerous VISAJ projects (ongoing or forthcoming) about notably about body image, victimisation and the school environment (depending of the candidate research interest).
CONDITIONS OF ELIGIBILITY
- Doctoral degree (Ph.D.) in psychology, sociology or a relevant discipline.
- The candidate should demonstrate a knowledge, or at least a marked interest, toward the field of mental health and individual well-being, preferably among youth;
- Excellent research skills including scientific writing;
- Proficient in statistical software (SPSS, MPlus or SAS) and multivariate and longitudinal analyses;
- Record of scientific publication.
CONDITIONS OF THE POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP
- Duration of 12 months, between 3 to 5 days/week;
- Between $25 000$ and $45 000 depending on experience and the duration of the postdoctoral training;
- Beginning in Spring 2018;
- The candidate can live outside of the region of Saguenay, but should be able to come for short research stay, at least at 3 times during the year. In any case, he/she should be available by videoconference/Skype.
- Submission of at least two articles in a peer-reviewed scientific journal;
- The candidate will be asked to participate in the dissemination activities and seminars of the Chair (may be by videoconference/Skype).
REQUIRED APPLICATION DOCUMENTS
- Motivation letter;
- Summary of the Ph.D. thesis (1 page);
- Curriculum vitae;
- Academic transcript of the Ph.D. program;
- Copy of two publications or manuscripts submitted for publication
- Two recommendations letters from researchers who are familiar with the candidate’s work.
Deadline: Review of applications will begin as they are received and will continue until the position has been filled.
Send your application by email to email@example.com